Thursday, March 7, 2013

What are your most popular birds? Here are my top two.

     When I began watching and feeding birds I had two birds that at first I thought were timid about coming to the feeders. They would land on them, it looked like they would start eating then fly away immediately. 


     Then I learned more about birds. I got my first pair of binoculars. I learned that the birds were chickadees and titmice. With the binoculars I watched them come to the feeders and fly away. I discovered that they were taking their seeds up to the trees to eat them.

Tufted Titmouse
     Next I bought the books and read about the sounds I heard all of the birds making. I loved the sounds the chickadees and titmice made, plus I was enthralled watching the acrobatics that they did. I also learned the birds were from the same family. These are my two of my favorite birds.


Black-capped Chickadee
      

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin I am not familiar with this pair but have learnt a great deal now. I am also hoping to learn so much more from you. Great hub and keep it going.
    Eddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over there Eiddwen the titmouse is called 'tit'. I also believe that you have chickadee(s), just different species. Happy birding!

      Delete

Before you leave a comment please refer to the brief 'Please Read' page.